Current Weather Data
This is a research repository, with links pointing to files containing recent observations and reports. These data are made available as a courtesy. As we are not a production data repository, we may occasionally suffer data or network outages. We do not archive data. For historical data, investigate the resources of the National Climatic Data Center. For further information on Florida climate and historical data, visit the Florida Climate Center.
NOTE: Downloads from this repository are subject to bandwidth and connection restrictions. During heavy use, downloads may be delayed or denied. If you are scripting downloads from this area, be sure to limit the number of simultaneous requests. A response code 509 will indicate a connection denied because the server’s connection limits have been reached; attempt the download again after some delay.
- Administrative Messages
- Metar Reports
- Climate Reports
- Synoptic Reports
- US Subset of Synoptic Reports
Upper Air Data
Need a Blank Skew-T?
If you’d like to plot your own Skew-T/Ln P diagram from sounding data, you can download a nice blank form to doodle on.
Other Weather Links
- American Association of State Climatologists Climate Services Catalog
- GIS-enabled RADAR - The newest RADAR data from the National Weather Service is GIS enabled. This means that not only can one tell where the weather is moving from, but how far away it is, and with this one can determine how fast it is moving.
- Plymouth State Radar Page - An alternate site for Radar images
- GOES satellite imagery - For Western Hemisphere imagery including Atlantic and East Pacific satellite data
- The National Hurricane Center - The ‘ONLY’ place on the web to get current and official hurricane information for public dissemination
- Naval Research Labs Marine Meteorology Division - Meteorological information
- Storm Prediction Center - Upper level charts and current meso-scale severe weather risk and discussions
- UCAR Weather Data - The National and University Center for Atmospheric Research has a data site that is great for current and archive data called the Research Application Program
- University of Wyoming - Wyoming has a wonderful map of upper-air soundings that has a clickable tool to view your local sounding; includes Canada and Mexico
- All Met Sat - Aviation weather page to access weather observations from across the globe
- Forecasts for Europe - Model forecasts for Europe and North America from ARL
- National Data Buoy Center - Buoy center for all the CMAN and tethered buoys around the world
- Current MOS Guidance - The current Model Output Statistics from NCEP
- The Tallahassee National Weather Service - The weather authority in and for Tallahassee with links to the weather authority for the United States
- Weather Calculators - We will help you calculate everything from heat index to wind chill