Wind Energy Forecast Meteorologist
The forecaster will work directly with energy traders, schedulers and remote operations personnel to provide them with the most accurate wind energy forecasts at time scales from minutes to days.
- Interpret meteorological data and forecasts from internal sources as well as third party wind energy forecast providers and government agencies in order to produce the best possible estimates of expected wind energy.
- Provide timely, clear and concise communication of the end product which is critical to end-users working under very strict deadlines.
- Produce forecasts and analyses for wind farm O & M and construction.
- Perform weather analysis and programming tasks to support the forecasting infrastructure and enhance/improve forecast products and accuracy.
- Maintain and enhance the technical infrastructure used for interpretation and analysis of meteorological and/or operate NWP models to produce prognostic products customized to wind energy forecasting tasks.
- Adhere to effective internal controls.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Meteorology or Atmospheric Sciences or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 2-5 years of operational forecasting experience. (Candidates with less experience may be considered.)
Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- Master’s degree or PH.D. with focus on weather forecasting or related field.
- Operational forecasting in the energy sector or in a wind forecasting application.
- Exposure to OSI’s PI Historian.
Apply through: http://avangridren.applyto.co/page/jobs/2999747
Listed on the Avangrid Renewables careers page: