Marine Field Group Online Inventory
The Marine Field Group (MFG) is a project-driven facility of the FSU Department of Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Science. The MFG supports projects that range from deploying current meter moorings and bottom mounted instrumentation in the deep ocean and on the continental margin to making CTD, geomorphological benthic surveys in the Gulf of Mexico. The MFG has experience in both cabled and radio telemetry of both meteorological and oceanographic parameters. In addition to research, the MFG has supported student educational activities focusing on the practical applications of oceanographic methods. Assistance from the MFG can be secured for such work by contacting the MFG committee.
- 1200 sq. ft. oceanographic instrumentation and electronics workshop
- 2500 sq. ft. design, machine and fabrication workshop
3000 sq. ft. Georges Weatherly Staging Facility for storage and preparation offshore equipment.
- Commercial loading dock & forklift
- 20 ft Gooseneck trailer 12000 lb GVWR
- 12 ft Flatbed trailer 8000 lb GVWR
- Ford F250 Super Duty OEM fifth wheel
- Two full time State supported Research Design Technicians
- Expert part time senior staff (e.g. PhD Oceanographer and Electrical Engineers)
An inventory of the MFG and associated Faculty’s Instrumentation along with rates for Field Technicians can be found below. A brochure outlining the capabilities of The Modular Instrument Lander and Equipment Toolsled (MILET) can be found below.
Modular Instrument Lander and Equipment Toolsled (MILET)
- Modular Instrument Lander and Equipment Toolsled (MILET) (pdf)
- Modular Instrument Lander and Equipment Toolsled (MILET) (Word Docuemnt)
Marine Field Inventory Table of Contents
- Marine Field Inventory Table of Contents (pdf)
- Marine Field Inventory Table of Contents (Word Docment)